• Landscaping has a number of benefits for the environment. As landscaping helps all planted shrubs and trees to grow naturally by adapting to the local conditions, you don’t need to worry about using pesticides, chemical fertilizers and watering. Reduced use of pesticides will help keeping the environment clean.
• Landscaping with native plants, grasses and flowers will maintain a healthy ecosystem. Natural habitats also attract birds, squirrels and butterflies. This will enhance the biodiversity of the area. The sumac grows fast and looks good.
• Another benefit of landscaping is that you can create a serene and beautiful lush environment surrounding your home. With the seasonal flowering plants, grasses and perennials, you can create an aesthetic and verdant setting.
• We already know that plants improve air quality by providing oxygen gas and reducing the amount of carbon dioxide. Landscaping with flowering plants, grass and herbs will in turn improve the air quality.
• Native landscaping practices require minimal maintenance too. That means you can eliminate the usage for any lawn maintenance equipments or leaf blowers with landscaping. As these machines are fueled by gasoline, electricity or batteries, these emit toxic gases to the environment. With proper landscaping, you can easily avoid using these machines.
• Landscaping practices also help to maintain the soil condition. Certain fern species improve the acidic soil condition, whereas legume plants provide nitrogen to the soil and improve soil fertility. The extensive root systems of huge trees help to retain and store water, which in turn reduces the frequency of watering.
• As the usage of chemicals, fertilizers and pesticides are less in a landscaped garden, there is minimal chance of ground water pollution. This clearly states that landscaping improves the water quality as well.
How to get started?
If you have made up your mind to start a landscaped garden in your backyard, then start by making a list of things you will need. Start with a small space first. If you are planning a complete garden makeover, you need to target each space at a time. Include every type of plants and bio-habitats such as a fish pond or a bird nest to create a beautifully landscaped outdoor space. The chokeberry bush is an avid grower.
Buy quality landscapign plants at http://www.trees-plants.com